Led Zeppelin and Rolling Stones engineer Andy Johns died Sunday (April 7) at the age of 61. Johns began his producing career as a tape operator at London’s Olympic Studios after quickly ditching a career as […]
The Janks will conquer the world. And you will submit. Phone-op Tatiana reviews their latest show and interviews the LA stand-outs.
Bay Area rock legends Metallica have announced the details regarding the band’s upcoming concert film, Metallica Through The Never, which is now set for wide release in American movie theaters on August 9. “We’re back […]
John Paul Jones played on the Foo Fighters’ 2005 album “In Your Honor,” and at the 2008 GRAMMYS he conducted an orchestra that backed the Foo Fighters on their performance of “The Pretender.” Grohl tells CBS Local that actually being in a band with Jones meant a great deal to him.
Who’s the best hard rock band ever? It’s a subjective – and loaded – question. But according to a poll recently taken by BPI – the British Recording Industry’s trade group – Black Sabbath is the most important British hard rock band ever, followed by Iron Maiden.
Just exactly who is the best rock and roll drummer to ever bash a kit into submission? Vote for your favorite beat-keeper now!
Given that Grohl is a huge Led Zeppelin fan, we figure that it’s a given that he’ll return to the stage to perform at the Kennedy Center Honors event in December where Zep will be honored, alongside Buddy Guy, David Letterman, Dustin Hoffman and ballerina Natalia Makarova.
Like fellow folkies Dawes, Mumford & Sons seems to be one of the most predominant new acts to be name-checked by rock’s royalty. Let’s take a look at which other musical icons have endorsed Marcus Mumford and his mates.
Drummers might spend most of their time hidden behind all of those cymbals and toms, but millionaire beat-keepers like Travis Barker, Lars Ulrich and Dave Grohl know their way around the bank.
When mainstream music magazines rank the greatest guitarists of all time, the same names tend to linger toward the top of the list: Jimi Hendrix, Eric Clapton, Led Zeppelin‘s Jimmy Page, the Rolling Stones’ Keith […]
- Fall Out Boy Ink N Iron Festival Matt & Kim Mumford & Sons
- Queens Of The Stone Age Women Of Weenie Roast KROQ Weenie Roast 2013 Team Bean: Donate Life...
- Depeche Mode At The Troubadour KROQ Party House At Coachella... Coachella 2013 Weekend 2 Phoenix
- Coachella Through The Eyes Of... KROQ Party House At Coachella... Coachella 2013 Weekend 1 Miss Double D-cember Spring...
- Take This Week’s Music Survey And Enter To Win @FestivalSupreme Tickets @realtenaciousd @jackblackcomedy @gassleak cbsloc.al/11JTvyL 1 hour ago
- RT @davesawchuk: Adam West reads Kanye West via @kroq This is BRILLIANT: kroq.cbslocal.com/2013/06/18/wes… 1 hour ago
- Stabbing your brother over Mac + Cheese? Only in Florida! #WhatsUpWithFlorida kroq.cbslocal.com/2013/06/18/wha… 3 hours ago
- Thank you @PetrosandMoney, @DeanJNorris @UnderTheDomeCBS & @HowieMandel @NBCAGT for joining us. Download the podcast: kroq.cbslocal.com/kevin-bean-pod… 4 hours ago