- Tom DeLonge Recalls the Moment He Quit Blink-182 & KROQ Had Something To Do With It The decision to re-prioritize his life, putting Blink-182 on the back-burner was a stressful one—Strangely enough, it was accelerated by a press release.
- Watch Arcade Fire and James Murphy Collaborate in 'Reflektor Tapes' Today the band shared a new piece of the film which shows the recording and touring of one of the album's standout songs, "Afterlife."
- Vance Joy Performs Live in the Red Bull Sound Space Watch Vance Joy perform "Fire and the Flood," "Mess Is Mine" and "Riptide" live from the Red Bull Sound Space at KROQ, plus check out his interview with Kat Corbett!
- L.A. County Forms Electronic Music Task Force The task force will "Develop recommendations for enforceable health and safety measures and procedures, that would be required for all electronic music festivals on County-owned property."
- Tool Release Limited Edition Blankets No word, however, on the progress of a new album.
- Garbage Announces 20-Year Anniversary Reissue of Self-Titled Debut Alternative rock icons Garbage have announced a reissue of their seminal 1995 self-titled classic.
- 'Photofantasm Soundgarden' Fan-Created Book Highlights Band's Return In Photos Soundgarden fans now have the option to buy an incredible piece of fan-created history, 'Photofantasm Soundgarden: Nudedragons to King Animal.'
- Tom DeLonge's Angels & Airwaves to Release Experimental '...Of Nightmares' EP The new disc serves as a companion to 'Poet Anderson ...Of Nightmares,' the first of three 'Poet Anderson' novels by Tom DeLonge.
- Morrissey Covers Waylon Jennings' 'Are You Sure Hank Done It This Way?' The song, which topped the charts in the mid-70's, is Jenning's way of dissing low-quality rip-off country music.
- Motorhead's Lemmy Kilmister Can't Breathe, Cancels Gig Three Songs In The band cut their Salt Lake City show short after Lemmy had trouble breathing at high altitude.
- M.I.A. is Working with Skrillex on New Album It's an interesting choice...
- Brand New Imagine Dragons, "Roots," Now On The KROQ Playlist Imagine Dragons' newest single, "Roots," is the latest addition to the KROQ Playlist
- Alabama Shakes' Brittany Howard Releases Surprise LP as 'Thunderbitch' Brittany Howard's band, Alabama Shakes, might have just dropped Sound & Color only a few short months ago, but it's clear that the singer and guitarist has barely rested since.
- The Arcs Perform Live at KROQ + Talk New Album 'Yours, Dreamily' The Arcs stopped by to perform a few tracks off their forthcoming album, including "Outta My Mind," "Stay In My Corner" and the b-side "My Mind." Dan Auerbach and Richard Swift then sat down with Stryker to talk about the new band.
- ‘Seriously MTV?’: Billie Joe Armstrong Bummed that VMAs Ignored Rock Bands "Seriously MTV: not a single young rock n roll band?" the Green Day frontman tweeted.