Happy end of the world to you! Just think, if it hadn’t been for those darn Mayans and their stupid calendar, we could have kept right on living forever. BUT NOOOO! They decided today should be the end and that enough will have been done by this point in time. Up yours, ancient Mayans!
I asked a batch of humans what their favorite end of days songs were, and while I figure TIME ZONE’s “World Destruction” was one of the best suggestions, I decided you might like to have a complete list of doomsday songs on hand for the next round of “end of the world” paranoia.
You know how these things keep coming up and certain people you know lose their minds, being sure we’re finally done for. So the next end time can’t be far off. Keep this list handy for your next FINAL NIGHT ON EARTH party and to help assist you in mocking those fine folks “the day after.”
Oh, and by the way, since the world is supposed to end today, I haven’t come up with any more songs to play here at KROQ.com through the end of 2012 at least. If I have to come back to work on Monday ’cause we’re all still here, I’m gonna be PISSED!!!
2. Fishbone “Party At Ground Zero”
3. The Smiths “Panic”
4. Linkin Park “Waiting For The End”
5. The Clash “Armagideon Time (LIVE)”
6. Blue Oyster Cult “Don’t Fear The Reaper”
7. The Cure “The End Of The World”
8. U2 “Until The End Of The World”
9. R.E.M. “It’s The End Of The World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)”
10. The Doors “The End”
11. Tool “Aenima”
12. Oingo Boingo “Dead Man’s Party”
13. The Rolling Stones “It’s All Over Now”
14. The The “Armageddon Days Are Here (Again)”
15. Elvis Costello “Waiting For The End Of The World”
16. Metallica “The Four Horsemen”
17. Europe “The Final Countdown”
18. Cristina “Is That All There Is?”
19. Ian Dury “F***ing Ada”
20. Soundgarden “Black Hole Sun”