Coachella 2013 To Be 2 Weekends – Advance Passes On Sale This Thursday At 10AM
[pullquote quote="We are excited to announce Coachella 2013 will again be held over two consecutive weekends."]Last week Coachella posted a cryptic message on their social media sites – a picture that simply showed an image of the grounds with MONDAY 10AM PT written on it. As 10am hit this morning, we were greeted with a new image. This one displayed the dates for Coachella 2013 (April 12-14 & 19-21) and announced the advance sale dates.
“We are excited to announce Coachella 2013 will again be held over two consecutive weekends. Advance passes go on sale beginning this Thursday, May 17th, 2012 10:00 am PDT through the following Thursday, May 24th, 2012 10:00 pm PDT. This advance sale will be the only opportunity to take advantage of the Coachella Purchase Plan. New for 2013, the price you see is what you pay — prices reflect all fees included. The general on sale will happen early next year. “
You may ask, why put tickets on sale a year in advance? One potential reason is that thousands travel to the U.S. for this annual event. So, allowing foreigners to lock in tickets now enables them book transportation etc. The advance on-sale also gives the festival organizers the cash it needs to secure top notch talent. Coachella has become far too large and important a festival to do anything last minute.
- Festival passes are valid for the entire weekend that you purchased.
- Festival passes are only valid for the weekend you purchased.
- The festival itself is all ages; children age 5 & under are free.
- Festival passes are limited to 2 per billing address.
- You must purchase a festival pass in order to purchase a car or tent camping pass.
- Everyone camping onsite must have a festival pass.
- Onsite camping is 18 + unless accompanied by parent or legal guardian.
- Tent/Car camping passes are limited to 1 per order.
- Companion camping parking passes are limited to 1 per order.
- Camping passes are NON transferable and will ONLY work with the festival passes they were purchased with (first one in).
- DO NOT BUY passes from a 3rd party/Scalper. We can not service, authenticate or support passes purchased from a third party or scalper.
- No Refunds / No Exchanges.
- Day parking during the festival is free (9am-2am, no overnight parking)
- NO RV/Motorhome camping or parking.
GENERAL PAYMENT PLAN INFO
- Advance sale/payment plan orders are handled through Front Gate ticketing.
- 20% down payment minimum required for purchase.
- 7 additional monthly payments will be automatically deducted in the beginning of each month through January 2013 (unless you chose to pay in full).
- No refunds / Cancellations or exchanges.
- Default on payments will result in cancellation of your order, loss of deposit and all payments made prior to default. No exceptions. If your payment does not go through you will be granted a 10 day window to reply to inquiry or submit updated payment info. Front Gate will attempt to contact you with in the first week of a missed payment. You may also contact them to inquire about your order. Please check your bank statements monthly. This is your responsibility.
- Travel package plans available exclusively through Valley Music Travel
TYPES OF PASSES AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE
- GA – Allows entrance into the venue, parking lots & camping areas.
$349 Domestic, additional charge for international shipping
- GA/Shuttle combo – Allows entrance into the venue, parking lots & camping areas and comes with a shuttle pass to the venue from the Tennis Garden. You will be able to change shuttle lines at a later date through the end of December 2012.
$399 Domestic (+ additional charge for international shipping)
- VIP – There are a limited number of VIP passes available for purchase. A VIP festival pass allows access to the VIP areas. The main VIP area is located adjacent to the main stage (under white peaked tents) and consists of shaded areas, picnic tables, couches, extra restrooms, food & beverage vendors and a full cash bar. The second VIP area is located directly next to the Sahara tent in the beautiful Rose Garden complete with seating, extra restrooms, food & beverage vendors, full cash bar, a spectacular view and thousands of roses. VIP Parking is sold separately.
$799 Domestic (+ additional charge for international shipping)
- Car Camping – Camp next to your car in a 10×30 spot. This pass is for your car/spot. Everyone camping in your spot will need a festival pass. A car is required to be in your spot. This pass is NON transferable and will only be valid when used with the festival pass it was purchased with. Example: If John Doe purchased the passes and car camping, John Doe will be required to show ID when checking in.
- Tent Camping – Camp on a 10×15 spot. Everyone camping in your spot will need a festival pass. This pass allows for 1 car to be parked overnight for the weekend in an adjacent lot. This pass is NON transferable and will only be valid when used with the festival pass it was purchased with. Example: If John Doe purchased the passes and car camping, John Doe will be required to show ID when checking in.
Get more info at Coachella.com.