[pullquote quote="Bono and Chris Martin were great supporters of the project... They are also both fathers to daughters."]One of the most touted supermodels of her time, Christy Turlington Burns isn’t only beautiful, but full of altruism.
The wife, mother, model, and philanthropist is the founder of Every Mother Counts, a non-profit organization that strives to reduce global rates of maternal mortality. To raise money for the organization, Turlington Burns is joined by Starbucks and a plethora of great musicians to put out a compilation called Every Mother Counts 2012.
The compilation is only available through the month of May at Starbucks and includes unreleased tracks by musicians like Coldplay and Eddie Vedder.
In an interview with Rolling Stone, Turlington Burns said, “I went to friends first, as I did with the first CD… Bono and Chris Martin were great supporters of the project the first time around, and when I knew I wanted to include men on this album they were obvious choices. They are also both fathers to daughters.”
“Others, such as Patti Smith and Rita Wilson, I’ve known for a long time, and some, like Edie Brickell and Paul Simon, I only met briefly but was a huge admirer,” she continued. “I generally wanted a diverse group of artists who were parents, or in the case of Edward Sharpe, who will be soon. We wanted to reach a broad audience on this issue with this particular project and with a range of perspectives.”
Songs with an asterisk indicate previously unheard tracks.
- Bono and the Edge “Original of the Species” (acoustic) *
- Eddie Vedder ” Skipping” *
- Paul Simon and Edie Brickell “Pretty Day” *
- Faith Hill “Wish for You”
- Sade “The Sweetest Gift”
- Lauryn Hill “I Remember”
- Rita Wilson “Baby I’m Yours” *
- Diana Krall “Don’t Fence Me In” *
- Seal “Secret”
- Dave Matthews Band “Sister” (live) *
- Sting “Fragilidad”
- Alanis Morissette “Magical Child” *
- Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros “Mother” *
- David Bowie “Everyone Says ‘Hi’”
- Cedella Marley “Get Up Stand Up” *
- Beck “Corrina, Corrina” *
- Rufus Wainwright “Instead of the Dead” *
- Patti Smith “Somalia” *
- Coldplay “Yellow” (acoustic) *
[Source: Rolling Stone]