Incubus Drop Off Almost Acoustic Christmas Bill Due To Member Illness, Sublime With Rome Filling In

[pullquote quote=”We are very sorry that we will not be able to perform at this year’s KROQ Acoustic Xmas show. Acoustic Xmas has always been one of our favorite shows to play.” credit=”Incubus”]Earlier this morning, [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Incubus[/lastfm] front man Brandon Boyd called in to The Kevin & Bean Show with some disappointing news – Incubus will not be performing at night 1 of this year’s Almost Acoustic Christmas. Guitarist Mike Einziger “became ill on the band’s recent European tour and the band had to cancel 3 shows. After returning to the US, doctors have recommended that he take some additional time off to recover so the band will not be able to perform as scheduled,” says the band’s Facebook page.

About an hour after that call, Rome Ramirez called in to Kevin & Bean to break the news that [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Sublime With Rome[/lastfm] would be filling in for Incubus. We wish Mike a speedy recovery and are stoked to have Sublime With Rome on board for the 22nd Annual Almost Acoustic Christmas.

[photogallerylink id=139385 align=left]

“We are very sorry that we will not be able to perform at this year’s KROQ Acoustic Xmas show. Acoustic Xmas has always been one of our favorite shows to play. Our #1 priority is our fans and it pains us to disappoint them, but we look forward to starting the new year healthy and rested and playing for all our Incubus fans again very soon. Thank you for your understanding.”
-Incubus’ Facebook Page

Brandon Boyd’s Call:

Rome Ramirez’s Call:

You can catch all the action from both nights by watching the live webcast, with complete and uncut performances from all the bands! Webcast starts at 5:00PM each night, so don’t be late!

1. mroman says:

sublime with rome meh the strokes would have been awesome

2. Ana says:

Soooooo upset😦 I was super stoked about Incubus they were the only reason why I picked Night 1. Im selling my tickets😦

3. tommy says:

damnit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i want a partial refund or something!!! ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

1. Why would you want a partial refund. You don’t go to Acoustic Xmas for the bands, you got to help great charities.

1. tommy says:

What I meant was that I was looking forward to seeing Incubus the most.

2. urdumb says:

Uh no…we go for the bands.

3. Corey says:

WTF? yes we go for the bands!

4. nikki says:

I am so sad to miss Incubus. They are great live! I was really looking forward to their performance! I wish you a speedy recovery. I am excited that Sublime stepped up, too. They are a lot of fun, too!

5. Debbie says:

Incubus was the only reason I bought the tickets! My daughter wanted to see them sooo bad. What a disappointment hopefully I will be able to sell my tickets.

6. Eddy says:

I was sad at first, but when I heard Sublime was filling in, I wasn’t as down anymore, they are pretty fucking good live(I’ve seen SWR at least 3 times) live. Plus, the Gibson will now for sure wreak of some Green OG Kush haha😛