KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas: SOLD OUT. Win floor tickets to both nights this week

KROQ Presents GV30 – Three Shows In Honor Of The 30th Anniversary Of Goldenvoice Featuring Social Distortion, Bad Religion, Descendents And More

If you’re looking for info on Red Hot Chili Peppers, click here.

Imagine turning 30 years old and having some of the most legendary SoCal punk bands playing your party… because that’s exactly what our friends at Goldenvoice are doing!

KROQ presents GV30 – three nights of shows celebrating the 30th anniversary of Goldenvoice. The shows will take place at the Santa Monica Civic Center on December 16th, 17th and 18th.

Night 1 Performers: [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Social Distortion[/lastfm], [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]X[/lastfm], [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Adolescents[/lastfm]
Night 2 Performers: [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Bad Religion[/lastfm], [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Youth Brigade[/lastfm], [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]T.S.O.L.[/lastfm]
Night 3 Performers: [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Descendents[/lastfm], [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]The Vandals[/lastfm], [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]The Dickies[/lastfm]

“The artists and line-up for these special shows were chosen to reflect the bands that embraced and were instrumental in building Goldenvoice from day 1.  Like us; they had just the right screws loose.  Because of their support past and present, Goldenvoice was able to flourish and become a part of the Southern California music scene.  These bands took a chance on us 30 years ago, and continue to be a big part of what we do today.  We are excited for them to help us honor our first 30 years! ”

Tickets go on sale Saturday at Noon. Get single day tickets and 3-day passes here. KROQ Street Team members will have access to an exclusive presale Friday from 10am-10pm. Make sure you’re signed up for the KROQ Street Team in order to receive the email with the presale password. Not a member? Sign up here.

gv30 385 KROQ Presents GV30   Three Shows In Honor Of The 30th Anniversary Of Goldenvoice Featuring Social Distortion, Bad Religion, Descendents And More

Comments

1. Scotty says:

WTF!?!?! I’m going to December 18th!!!!! Dude, missed Long Beach but I had “Hope” that I was gonna catch one of the sickest Hardcore bands play once more. My fingers are crossed that Milos vocals are nice and strong before the gig. Wow…what a 30 year celebration man! All three nights are freakin’ ridiculous. I wish I could go to all of ’em, but lucky for me I’ve seen all the bands in the first and second nights. Just need to see some “Sour Grapes” played live bra! “I just want, a Suburban Home, Suburban Home, Suburban Home!!!”

2. brknghstgames says:

sweet show! I wish I could make all three, but have to see the Descendents!

3. claudia says:

i’m on the street team but haven’t gotten my presale code. I want to go to sundays show, anyone have the code for it?

1. Blackout | KROQ.com says:

We haven’t sent it out yet. You will receive it tomorrow.

1. robert says:

I just signed up for the street team, can I get the presale email??

2. Blackout | KROQ.com says:

We haven’t sent it out yet. You will receive it later today.

4. John says:

GV should add OFF! to Sunday’s show.

C’mon Gary T!

5. Moon Man says:

F*ck Yeah!!!!!… screw acoustic this year!!!!!…

6. RC2011 says:

F**K YEAH NIGHT THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I GOTTA GO SEE BAD RELIGION AND TSOL😀
    they should have added Dr. Know or Angry Samoans rather than Youth Brigade but Okay!!!!

1. What do you have against Youth Brigade?

not “punk” enough for you?

1. RC2011 says:

I got nothing against Youth Brigade! i never really listened to them before. now i’ve been checking them out more often!

7. nicole says:

Damn! Wish I was in Cali!

8. Gil says:

The best 3-day line-up. Ever. The poster is fantastic. Print lots on t-shirts and make the merch available for the lame-asses who can’t make it home for that weekend. Props to solid Long Beach connections!

9. Laurel Finnegan says:

I thought X was playing at the Music Box Dec. 16th????

1. Rick says:

Tickets for X’s performance at the Music Box will be accepted at GV30!
      Cheers Mate!

10. Yanet Ruelas says:

I wanna go! Bad ass bands are playing😀

11. Dave says:

I haven’t received my presale passcode yet. Have they gone out? If so, how can I request a new one? I am a street team member. Thanks!

1. Blackout | KROQ.com says:

They went out last night. Check your spam mail. Or, make sure you’re logged in to the street team and go to streetteam.kroq.com and it should be there.

12. Von Omar Benitez says:

You should have added The Joysticks from Los Angeles Ca. There songs are hillarious. Fast slamming old school punk.

13. Cynthia says:

Really disappointed there were no seats at all so disabled people who don’t use wheel chairs can’t go. I really wanted to see X badly.

14. CitznFish says:

GV were in their 5th year of promotions when i went to my first GV show. Guess I’m obligated to go to this one as well..🙂

15. John101013 says:

It would be nice if KROQ played half of the bands listed instead of just attaching their names to them. Yes, they play Social Diistortion and NEW Bad Religion, but what happened to them playing the Vandels and X? They seem to play the same 10 songs over and over. Please KROQ, remember who your listerers were and are.

1. Blackout | KROQ.com says:

If you were our listener then you would know that we were and are still the only place you can go to hear bands like this. We grew up with Goldenvoice, so we support this show 100%.

1. John101013 says:

I’m glad you support Goldenvoice, but how often do you support the bands that started KROQ? Forget your flashback weekends. Honor and remember the bands that made you great by playing them. Rodney for Mayor!

2. JulieAnn says:

I just became a KROQ member, did I miss the code for the presale tix for GV30? I can’t seem to find any link that allows me to buy the 3-day pass other than ticketmaster for the 12pm onsale tix.

I got my credit card ready and must have the 3-day pass. Thanks

16. themor says:

dagnamit…you buy a house in socal thinking, “wow, how rad i guess i can do it” then the economic world i upside down. and you are doing okay but getting by but you decided to go with helping people and the pension and not the paycheck and dreaming telling your students all you grew up LEARNING from your favorite bands. Then your 40 something and have the flyers (still) and you won’t get rid of them and your wife says never get rid of them which is rad but yikes…..at the very least the 18th…unless there is a miracle ticket out there?

1. “What in God’s holy name are you blathering about?”

17. Gavin says:

WOW!!!! All 3 nights are KILLER!!!! But, I can only afford to go 1 night, hmmmm…, Ok, havent seen Descendents in 25+ years, Vandals never a dull moment, Dickies timeless and Love Canal is one of O.C.s best kept secrets havent seen them in 25+ years either. Thank You Goldenvoice!!!!!

18. JulieAnn says:

WTH!!!!
    Why can’t I get a Link for the Presale GV30 tickets!?!?!?!? I keep getting redirected to the Ticketmaster site for the tix that go onsale at noon. Anyone, where’s the presale button. Thanks

19. Candice says:

I too could only affiord one night. I missed TSOL and Youth Brigade at Slidebar and I really enjoy Bad Religion and have never seen them so I chose this night. Adolescents would of been really great but I don’t listent o much X and Social Distortion needs to play just old stuff and stop playing country music. I saw Descendents at Punk Rock Bowling this May, really wish I could catch The Vandals as well. What happened with the Street Team Contests I played but where do you annoucne the winners?

20. So stoked!!!!! My Bro won 3 day passes from KROQ and is taking me!!!! Spending my 30th b-day with GV for their 30th celebration with one of the best line ups I have ever sceen!!!! Couldn’t ask for a better birthday!!!! F YEAH

21. I just had to pick the sickest fucken days to be out of town. fuck me.