Join Us Monday For KROQ’s “Suck It Up” Blood Drive!

Join us Monday, October 10th for KROQ’s Suck It Up Blood Drive from 7am-4pm at Universal Studios Hollywood.

Ralph Garman will start the day with a live broadcast from 6-10am. Come early and score passes to the red carpet premiere of The Thing that night at the AMC Citywalk Stadium 19 – you’ll even get access to an exclusive visit to The Thing: Assimilation maze at Universal Studios Hollywood Halloween Horror Nights following the premiere!

We’ll also be giving away tickets to [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Incubus[/lastfm], [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Morrissey[/lastfm], [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Death Cab For Cutie[/lastfm], [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]The Dirty Heads[/lastfm], [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Foster The People[/lastfm], [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Pepper[/lastfm], [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Tiger Army[/lastfm], [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]The Kooks[/lastfm] and more! But don’t worry, you’re not required to donate blood to win prizes. We want everyone to come down to hang out.

Parking is FREE if you give blood. Park in the Frankenstein lot across from the Hilton Hotel located on Universal Hollywood Drive, just off of Lankershim. Blood Drive is located inside the Universal Studios’ Globe Theater, near the entrance to Universal Studios Hollywood Theme Park.

KROQ’s Suck It Up Blood Drive is sponsored by The Thing. From Universal Pictures and the Producers of Dawn of the Dead. In a place where there is nothing, they found something. On October 14th, The Thing will become … YOU. The Thing. It’s not human. Yet. Rated R.

Can you donate? Have you been tattooed recently? If so, you may be ineligible. The downloadable documents below will answer all of your questions.

We highly recommend that you schedule a donation time. It’s a better use of  your time than standing in line. Just e-mail our friend Jag at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center. As you know, Cedars-Sinai is one of the most respected medical facilities in Southern California. They’re handling our blood donation operation at Universal Studios.

Click the “Fast Pass” below to email Jag. Or, click jutlaj@cshs.org.

suckitupad Join Us Monday For KROQs Suck It Up Blood Drive!

When you arrive at Universal Studios / Citywalk, just look for the Globe Theater as seen below.

globetheateruniversal KROQs Bleed It Out Blood Drive   Join Us!

Universal Studios Halloween Horror Nights…it’s what fear fears most. Starting September 23rd, take on more mazes than ever including The Thing, Rob Zombie’s House of a Thousand Corpses, Alice Cooper’s Welcome to my Nightmare, Eli Roth’s Hostel and La Llorona imagined by Diego Luna.   And if you survive, there’s the all-new Terror Tram featuring Scream 4. Get your tickets at UniversalStudiosHollywood.com.  But hurry… event will sell out.   Don’t even think of coming alone.

thethingposter 385 Join Us Monday For KROQs Suck It Up Blood Drive!

Comments

1. We need everyone’s help here – come be a part of it all. And thanks for supporting this important cause.

1. mas says:

Got my appt. So excited!

2. Jag says:

Hey Guys its Jag here from Cedars. I want to give a BIG BIG Thanks to those who have already signed up but this is not enuff! I want you guys to spread the WORD about this great cause. Tell your Friends, Family members, Co-Workers to sign up and let’s make this KROQ ‘s “Suck it uP” Blood Drive the Biggest ,Baddest , Coolest and Most Memorable Blood Drive ever . KROQ Rulezzzzzzz.

2. rOmI says:

needles make me hella hella nervouuuss

3. cute girlz rule says:

mister rOml,
    I hope you don’t have have any tatts or piercings, saying you’re afraid of it. besides, does anyone really like needles? people should do it anyways, but they have like all this cool stuff. all you have to do is fill out a form, get your blood pressure checked, and lay there for 10 min. plus, they load us up on juices & snacks. geez, don’t be such a wimpo – SUCK IT UP & give blood! ~~lisa lifesaver~~

4. Barry says:

what’s with Barry Manilow on KROQ’s website? can we win tix for our grandparents (ha, ha, ha, ha!!) and is HE coming to the blood drive?

1. Lightning | KROQ.com says:

I’ve been trying to get that ad removed for months. It’s ridiculous and embarrassing.

1. alexis says:

my folks love barry manilow! they would also totally come give blood with me if he was going to be there.

2. sherry says:

my mom – would give away all her body fluids for barry manilow!!
      me – anthony keidis!!

5. Louis says:

To the guy afraid of donating – I’ve donated blood lots of times and know people who have needed a transfusion; so yes, people really do need it. The actual needle stick is no big deal, just a slight pinch. If you qualify (and most people do), it is one of the best things you can do for someone else. And it’s not everyday you can get concert tickets for something like this. The process is all pretty simple. I will be there!

6. alexis says:

whats the big deal with giving blood? why are so many guys whoosies about it? cmon down people. I got me an appt, too. or maybe cause I had my tongue pierced for my boyfriend I don’t have a prob doing things for others… : 0

7. trish says:

my friend buffi went to the first one at queen mary in lbc a couple years ago. now its 5 min from my work in noho. I am so in.

1. BIG BOY says:

Hey, do i know you? I went every year after that one in QUEEN MARY.
      Kroq is cool – they hooked me up. Where’s LISA MAY at?

1. bruce says:

just got signed up. is lisa may coming? oh hell yeah!

2. stuart says:

nothing against lisa may (what it do, baby boo), but i’m all about kat. her voice makes me wanna light her fire! what’s the dealey-o with kat? will she be there? i think i just may need to give some blood then.

3. LoQueCia LuVa says:

i like LoQueCia. is she coming too?

4. tabitha says:

how can you not like LISA MAY?!!
        im giving lots of blood on monday.

8. Cassandra says:

I’m going too. Call me wierd, but I think donating blood has a kinda sexiness about the whole thing.

9. rose says:

not wierd at all. it is sexy. and blood donors are the best!

10. Gabriella says:

Blood in a classy way = sexy. Women get this, guys don’t seem to. They just like the gory slashing part of it all. It’s much more deeper than that. Interview with the Vampire was one of the best films ever and Anne Rice is brilliant!! Looking forward to Monday and I’ll be suckin’ it up!

11. brittany & jenn says:

all i know is we’re both in for this saving a life thing. it’s our second year. can’t wait!

12. ben says:

let’s do this!

1. nancy says:

yes, yes, yes!!

13. Tina says:

Thanks for arranging all of this. Me & my boyfriend are coming to give blood here.

14. mike says:

don’t know exactly what time – but i’ll be there. i want to donate & score tickets to halloween horror nights.

15. Jag says:

Hey Guys its Jag here from Cedars. I want to give a BIG BIG Thanks to those who have already signed up but this is not enuff! I want you guys to spread the WORD about this great cause. Tell your Friends, Family members, Co-Workers to sign up and let’s make this KROQ ‘s “Suck it uP” Blood Drive the Biggest,Baddest, Coolest and Most Memorable Blood Drive ever . KROQ Rulezzzzzzz.

16. Sharon says:

I have an earlybird appointment. Who’s bringing my latté for me?! (lol)
    So glad you guys are doing this again this year.

1. jay doc says:

wait – they do this EVERY year?! swweeeeettttt!!!

17. LuLu says:

Just heard this earlier on the radio. I’ll come give a pint of blood.

18. John says:

I’ll be there, bright and early@6:00am for sure! I’m just gonna drive straight there from The Uproar Festival in Chula Vista on Sunday night once the show’s over, park my car, sleep for a few hours, wake up, and then donate. I’m also going to see Blink-182 & My Chemical Romance@The Hollywood Bowl tonight, so I’ll probably be so tired that I’ll pass out while giving blood, but I don’t care😉

1. racquel says:

busy boy, you are!
      i think the doors open for the blood drive at 7am, so you can “sleep in”!!
      i’m coming. everyone should donate blood.

19. Ann says:

I’m in the most popular blood type category. I’ve heard them say they like all types, yet some are more common than others in the human body. I will be here.
    ~Ann~ O+

1. miley says:

i won’t miss this! i’m having oatmeal for breakfast.
      oh yeah, and i think i’m A-

20. bass boy says:

i wanna go!!

21. gerald says:

I’m ready!!!

22. josh says:

I have donated over a gallon! I will definitely be there!

23. Ashley says:

Who would’ve thought a blood drive would be so exciting?? It’s all over KROQ!
    Sounds like a “can’t miss”.