KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas: SOLD OUT. Win floor tickets to both nights this week

[World Premiere] Noel Gallagher’s ‘High Flying Birds’ – Listen To A Brand New Exclusive Track ‘If I Had A Gun’

When it comes to reputations in the music industry, it’s a shame that [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Noel Gallagher[/lastfm], formerly of [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Oasis[/lastfm], is ofttimes equated more with his tumultuous sibling rivalry with brother[lastfm link_type=”artist_info”] Liam Gallagher [/lastfm]than with his fantastic guitar playing and talented songwriting skills.

Which is why Noel Gallagher’s debut solo effort on his upcoming album High Flying Birds on Sour Mash/Mercury Records is so important.

Despite his dramatic split from Oasis in 2009,  Gallagher still deems his work with the band as a vital creative aspect of his life, but High Flying Birds really lets Gallagher’s talents soar solo and sans drama.

We’ve got an exclusive new track called “If I Had A Gun…” for you from High Flying Birds. Check it out and tell us what you think!

noel gallgher jo hale getty images [World Premiere] Noel Gallaghers High Flying Birds   Listen To A Brand New Exclusive Track If I Had A Gun

Photo by Jo Hale//Getty Images

[pullquote quote=”I’m proud of them and of what they mean to people. ” credit=”Noel Gallagher on his Oasis songs”]Set to be released on November 8th, High Flying Birds will be Noel Gallagher’s first solo album project since his split with Oasis in 2009.

Gallagher starts touring this fall to support his new solo venture.

KROQ will present Noel Gallagher’s autumn show at UCLA Royce Hall on November 17th, 2011. Tickets will go on sale next Friday, September 9th at 10am, but KROQ will have a presale on Thursday, September 8th from 10am-10pm.

Expect to hear some Oasis tracks from the musician; as the primary acting songwriter for Oasis, Gallagher holds the songs closely to his psyche.

“I’m proud of them and of what they mean to people,” Gallagher said. “I’ll never do a gig without playing them. They’re like drugs to me.”

Some of the songs that Noel Gallagher wrote for Oasis during their massive fifteen year career include “Live Forever,” “Supersonic,” “Wonderwall,” and “Don’t Look Back In Anger.”

“If I Had A Gun…” follows suit with a lush, melodic Britpop arrangement, melancholic love lyrics, and the swirling rush of Gallagher’s swaggering guitar riffs.

• What do you think of Noel Gallagher’s “If I Had A Gun…?” Let us know in the comments!
Comments

1. dreamer says:

FANtastic🙂 love it❤

2. edy says:

This song is phenominal!!! has it all for me and is the best song out this past year. think everybody is on the run will be unreal too. wish this kept some of the eeryness of the soundcheck version though but in a way it does-probably coz i hear that in my head as its what im used to.. top class tune!ahhhhhhh ah ah ahhhahah is the best part

3. Jevon says:

“If I Had A Gun”
    -Noel Gallagher

If I had a gun, I’d shoot a hole into the sun
    And love will burn this city down for you

If I had the time, I’d stop the world and make you mine
    And everyday would stay the same with you

Ahhh (2X)

Give you back a dream, I’ll show you now what might have been
    If all the tears you’ve cried would fade away

I’ll be by your side, when they come to say goodbye
    We will live to fight another day

Excuse me if I spoke too soon, my eyes have always
    Followed you around the room cuz you’re the only
    God that I’ll ever need, I’m holding on
    I’m waiting for the moment to finally…

Ahhh (4X)

Hope I didn’t speak too soon, my eyes have always
    Followed you around the room cuz you’re the only
    God that I’ll ever need, I’m holding on
    And waiting for the moment for my heart to be unbroken by the sea

Ahhh (4X)

Won’t be flying to the moon, my eyes have always
    Followed you around the room, cuz you’re the only
    God that I’ll ever need, I’m holding on
    I’m waiting for the moment to finally…

Ahhh (2X)

If I had a gun, I’d shoot a hole into the sun
    And love will burn this city down for you

1. Jevon says:

I stand corrected…

If I had a gun, I’d shoot a hole into the sun, and love would burn this
      city down for you. If I had the time, I’d stop the world and make you mine,
      and everyday would stay the same with you.

Aaahh__,
      Aaahh__.

Give you back the dream, and show you now what might have been, if all the
      tears you cry would fade away. I’ll be by your side, when they come to say
      goodbye, we will live to fight another day.

‘Scuse me if I spoke too soon, my eyes have always followed you around the
      room. ‘Cus you’re the only God that I will ever need, I’m holding on and
      waiting for the moment to find me.

Aaahh__,
      Aaahh__,
      Aaahh__,
      Aaahh__.

Hope I didn’t speak too soon, my eyes have always followed you around the
      room. ‘Cus you’re the only God that I will ever need, I’m holding on and
      waiting for the moment for my heart to be unbroken by the sea.

Aaahh__,Aaahh__,
      Aaahh__,Aaahh__,
      Aaahh__,Aaahh__,
      Aaahh__,Aaahh__,

Let me fly you to the moon, my eyes have always followed you around the
      room. ‘Cus you’re the only God that I will never need, I’m holding on and
      waiting for the moment to find me.

Aaahh__,
      Aaahh__.

If I had a gun, I’d shoot a hole into the sun, and love would burn this
      city down for you.
      [ Lyrics from: http://www.lyricsmode.com/lyrics/n/noel_gallagher/if_i_had_a_gun.html ]

4. Paula. says:

I thought it would be a good song, but this is pure magic.

5. Danny Elliott says:

it’s one of those ‘I wish I’d wrote that’ moments…

6. It’s one of those ‘I wish I wrote that’ moments…

1. Hectricity says:

TELL ME ABOUT IT!

7. Eric Fox says:

That was a beautiful song!

8. Jz151 says:

That is amazing. Like I’ve just heard something special.

9. ED says:

He kills it once again. I am a fan of Beady Eye but there is no comparison who is king!

1. Hectricity says:

Agreed. In fact, I’m dissappointed in Beady Eye. I’m a huge fan of Andy Bell and I hoped his writing would come through on the project. Perhaps it did and it has changed. Either way, I’m not picking it up. Noel’s cool remain intact and stronger than ever….

10. Theresa Markese says:

I heard this song just now for the first time and I absolutely love it!

11. Crazy says:

Is this a love song?

12. Frankie says:

This is music!

13. Norman says:

Sh1t. plodding along using the same chords, same melodies and same crap songwriting he has been peddling out for the last 10 years, he should now stick to being a sarcastic panellist cnut on soccer shows from now on. It’s time to retire noel G or find that room in your mansion thats filled with electric guitars and some original material.

1. fender15 says:

Your name says it all – Norman

Go have a wash

2. Hectricity says:

I see what you mean, kind of like a Cure or Strokes song, if you heard one…. well, you know how it goes…. However, I gotta say that though his signiture sound is just THAT: his signiture sound. There’s nothing wrong with that, is there..? Besides, it has evolved quite magnificently. Those vocal melodies, that steady drive & that lush composition…?? C’mon, its RICH!

I’m curious as to what you hail instead…

3. Norman... No not really, I'm called Alex says:

Yes, but you’re called Norman. No one has ever really cared what anyone called Norman thinks, have they really?

14. Halo says:

Much better than this stupid sh*t his brother Liam is doin’

15. mef says:

Could’nt be any happier..this song it’s Absolutely mind blowing! The GENIUS is back. I gotta say i was longing for this kind of song, the ones that keep me hearing it over an over again..god if I missed Noel!

1. Hectricity says:

I concur 100%! Its been a LONG time comin’… I’m taking Friday Nov 18th off of werk so I can live it up at his gig. Done, and DONe.

16. リアムのBeady eyeには失望したが(元RideのAndy Bellがいるのになぜ…)、この曲を聴くにNoelのソロにはそこそこ期待できそう。

17. Hectricity says:

OH WOW. Dig it like a grave… Noel lead vocal songs & versions of Oasis songs have always been me favorites… Can’t wait for the full length Noel LP!

18. Meli says:

Awesome song! I can’t wait to hear more.

19. Joel says:

Sobresaliente Noel como siempre, el es y sera siendo por mucho el mejor compositor de su generacion y el mejor de los Gallagher

20. Simplemente excepcional, no cabe duda que Noel es y siempre sera el alma detras de las canciones, el mejor compositor de su generacion y por mucho, eres el mejor de los Gallagher, sigue asi y nunca dejes de sorprendernos con esta fina musica.

21. i think it will be best song on the album.there are magic lines.thank you Noel from Kharkov,Ukraine.

22. caren says:

It is fantastic .. very original^^

23. JonSherwell says:

The King is back

24. Alex says:

very beautiful and powerful tune. it gave me chills the whole way. cant wait to hear the rest

25. stanley says:

amazing, great song, noel gallagher number 1

26. Sean King says:

A minute into the first song, I felt like I’d already known this song for years (that’s good and bad, but more good than bad).

27. Tim says:

Great tune…. can’t wait to hear more….

28. saßan says:

I love this man, he is really amazing…

29. Genji says:

I’m ready to be a long time fan of High Flying Birds.

30. steod says:

class song again

31. keyser says:

Gila kapak!

32. Amy says:

I love Noel Gallagher… I’m a Noel Gallagirl actually!!
    This story says KROQ will have tickets on sale Thursday, before the public can get them Friday. Please tell me how one can get the tickets Thursday, do I have to go to KROQ or can it be done on line some how?

33. Bill says:

Brilliant song. I am so glad that Noel has continued with his incredible musical art he brings to the world. Ill never forget the two gig world tour Oasis played at the Oakland Coliseum opening for U2 as a favor to Bono two gigs because of Liam not willing to play any more. I think I counted 12 Heineken he pounded during a one hour plus set. Brilliant song Noel Ill see you at Royce

34. Erica Carlson says:

Heard “If I Had a Gun” on KGSR in Austin and thought it was brilliant. Noel- come to Austin! NYC and LA are not the live music capitals of the world. Music lovers move here to see the most creative and brilliant artists from all over the world. You belong here! I look forward to your added stop in Austin on the US tour. Don’t break the hearts of the most avid music fans in the world!

35. ruben says:

This Noel Gallagher fellow is going to go places!