Smashing Pumpkins To Reissue Several Previously Released Albums

smashing pumpkins Smashing Pumpkins To Reissue Several Previously Released Albums

[lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Smashing Pumpkins[/lastfm] are set to reissue their 1993 album Siamese Dream, 1991 debut Gish and 1994’s rarities collection Pisces Iscariot this year. The band will release the albums as part of a plan to reissue much of their back catalog over the next three years.

Bonus material is also expected on the releases, although no official word on what the extra music will be. Frontman Billy Corgan recently mentioned that he’d found a recording of the band’s first live performance of “Starla” and a version of Lynyrd Skynyrd’s “Sweet Home Alabama” recording during the Siamese Dream sessions.

The second wave of reissues, coming in 2012, will include a reissue of 1995’s Mellon Collie And The Infinite Sadness, the five-disc rarities set The Aeroplane Flies High and 1998’s Adore.

Next year the band will also merge Machina/The Machines Of God and Machina II: The Friends and Enemies of Modern Music into one package.

In the meantime, the band are also planning to release a new album in September. Oceania will contain ten tracks and the teaser track “Owata” will be released for free on next week.

1. Chris says:

Whoa! Reissues this year, next year and 2013? Holy cow!

2. wcman1976 says:

a new ALBUM alongside the Teargarden material? HOT NUTS this is the best news since the days of SP1.

3. Emily Faye Wilberg Maglietto says:

When was this written? It says releases to come in 2010..well, that was last year…

4. Coulddo Betta says:

Also, a complete list of reissues is not ‘several’, which means three. And non in 2010.

Great job.

5. Serra AKA "Brain Surgery Girl" says:

I CANNOT freaking wait! I have all of the albums, of course, but am looking forward to the reissues too, especially a remastered edition of “Aeroplane Flies High” and of course “Machina” and “Machina II” seeing an official combined release. SO looking forward to Oceania, and most of all, TOUR DATES. These will be the first tour dates (hopefully somewhere near me) since I went to the show last July and got to meet Billy (TOTAL dream come true!) at the Orbit Room. Unfortunately, they always seem to decide to go on tour shortly after I have yet another brain surgery and this tour is no exception, only instead of 14 days later hopefully this will be about 8 weeks later if all goes well and I only have to have one operation this time. Can’t wait to hear the new stuff, and see you onstage again, Billy!

6. Serra AKA "Brain Surgery Girl" says:

Please, please PLEASE do at least one Michigan tour date. I’ll take Detroit, Grand Rapids, or even drive all the way to Chicago. I’ve driven that far for a concert before, I can do it again. But that was when I lived in Portland, Maine and drove to Boston to see the Pumpkins (again, STILL shortly after brain surgery unfortunately I missed the end of the show at Orpheum in Boston because I was in too much pain and had to go take a break. Could still hear the show, but not see, and at least it was during the third encore.)

7. AnonMommy says:

wait are they just reissuing because the new SP sucks?

8. Joshua says:

Thank you Billy. I cant wait to hear every note.

9. stemal says:

fico muito feliz com a noticia do novo trabalho ,vai ser lançado em setembro espero q não demore muito para chegar aqui
    O billy e sua musica fazem muita falta

10. *!* says:

Anything that was made when Billy had hair is guaranteed to rock.