Last night, I got an email that left me pretty stoked. It was an invite to a private listening party for [lastfm link_type=”artist_info”]Travis Barker[/lastfm]’s forthcoming album Give The Drummer Some, due March 15th.
Across the street from Interscope Records, tucked behind a warehouse in Santa Monica, there’s a private studio that looks like it’s used for rehearsals, the kind a band would use before they head out on tour. I was ushered into a small room filled with about 20 other people.
Travis entered the room and thanked everyone for coming out. He went right over to the DJ booth and hit play on the new album.
- “Can the Drummer Get Some” ft. Lil’ Wayne, Rick Ross, Swizz Beatz & The Game
- “If You Want To” ft. Pharell & Lupe Fiasco
- “Carry It” ft. RZA, Raekwon & Tom Morello
- “Knockin'” ft. Snoop Doog, Ludacris, E-40 & Dev
- “Jump Down” ft. Cool Kids
- “Devil’s Got A Hold of Me” ft. Slaughterhouse
- “Let’s Go” ft. Lil Jon, Busta Rhymes, Twista & Yelawolf
- “Saturday Night” ft. The Transplants & Slash
- “Cool Head” ft. Kid Cudi
- “Raw Sh*t” ft. Tech N9ne & Bun B
- “Just Chill” ft. Beanie Sigal, Bun B & Kobe
- “Beat Goes On” ft. Cypress Hill
- “On My Own” ft. Corey Taylor (Deluxe Edition Only)
- “Don’t F*ck With Me” ft. Paul Wall, Jay Rock & Korrupt (Deluxe Edition Only)
- “City of Dreams” ft. The Clipse & Kobe (Deluxe Edition Only)
- “Misfits” ft. Steve Aoki (Deluxe Edition Only)