KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas: SOLD OUT. Set Times & Venue Info

Meet The Red Hot Chili Peppers This Thursday In LA

There have been talks for a long while about a [lastfm]Red Hot Chili Peppers[/lastfm] book being released. Yes, there have been books written about them and released, but none of those books have been official.

You need look no further though, because tomorrow is the release date for The Red Hot Chili Peppers: An Oral/Visual History, the first official book written by all the members of the bands themselves. To celebrate the occasion, the guys playing a show right here in their home town.

If you’ve been a fan of the Red Hot Chili Peppers since day one, then you have probably been waiting for over 30 years for this. Over 300 pictures, 250+ pages, with everything coming from the band members.

With  more than 50 million records sold, Stadium Arcadium sold over 7 million copies alone, a record for most #1  singles on the Billboard Modern Rock Chart, and a record of 81 weeks at #1 on the chart and 7 Grammy awards, this book is sure to be packed with stories of sex, drugs, and rock n roll.

Red Hot Chili Peppers went back into the studio as of October 2009 to record their next chart topping album. It’s about time we get some new Chili Peppers on the airwaves. This will be the first album with new guitarist, Josh Klinghoffer. The album is rumored to be released in early 2011, with “20 songs already tracked.”

Festival dates have already been booked, and a rumored Guitar Hero game based on Chili Peppers songs is in the talks. It appears 2011 will be a busy year.

an oral visual history red hot chili peppers autobiography inside1 950 Meet The Red Hot Chili Peppers This Thursday In LA

Get your preview here, which is the book wrap around jacket with a couple of excerpts from the book.

This is big stuff. BIG STUFF, am I right? The band members are so excited that they are coming to Los Angeles to help promote their new book.

Thursday November 04, 2010 12:00pm
Barnes & Noble
The Grove at Farmers Market
189 Grove Drive Suite K 30
Los Angeles, CA 90036
323-525-0270
9780061351914 Meet The Red Hot Chili Peppers This Thursday In LA
Comments

1. californidefecation says:

go away rhcp you are no longer needed

2. Mel says:

I LOVE the Chili Peppers!!!!!
    Damn i’m going to be in Hawaii Thursday – why didn’t they give ME more notice!!!!

3. louise says:

i dont think i could make it from ireland in time! might try tho!!!

4. Jackie says:

How many people are camping out?? I wish I could, but I gotta work!! DAYUM!!

5. RAYNCLOUD says:

I’M GOING TO MEET MY FAVORITE BAND! too bad my favorite member quit… He won’t be there, correct?
    I’m totally camping out! Ahh, I’m so fortunate.. I just moved to OC two weeks ago!

6. Jeanette says:

I literally have no love for you, no care or compassion comes from you just sadness, don’t drown in your hate and anger you can make things better.

1. Jeanette says:

previous message towards californidefication

RAYNCLOUD. I got my wrist band today, have you yet hurry to get one if you haven’t!? I also arrived at 5am today! See you there…

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?
      >>>To celebrate the occasion, the guys playing a show right here in their home town.<<<

1. cheli says:

hey where did you get you wrist band? is it too late to get one? i just found out today ahh.. really want to go though!!

2. RAYNCLOUD says:

I didn’t hear about the wristbands until the day of. I showed up while there were about 4 people in line, and was really bummed to hear the wristbands sold out. I stayed through the end, and still got my book signed, just didn’t get to see my boys up close.

7. Alex says:

are they actually playing a show, like it says at the beginning? or is it just the book signing this article is talking about?

8. lysquared says:

If I were from California, I wouldn’t think twice about going. -_-

9. Harry & Yuki/DECAY OF THE ANGEL says:

fuck yeah!!!! that’s my ultra rare image of John and Toni when John quit the band in 1992 in Japan!!! Brendan Mullen hooked me up and i am forever grateful to this kindred soul of epic proportions!!! what a great man he was and still is! Kateri Butler is an angel as well!!!! it’s good to be included in this official book by Red Hot Chili Peppers- my all time favorite band to walk the surface of planet Earth PERIOD!!!! peace, love and eternal respect from Japan. Harry & Yuki/DECAYOFTHEANGEL http://www myspace.com/decayoftheangel

10. Serg says:

hope the book will reach here in my place..cuz if I’m in California damn i will be there..

11. Serg says:

hope the book will reach my place cuz if I’m in California damn I will Go there…To see RHCP…

12. CAMMY CUTTINO says:

WHERE CAN I GET THE SPECIAL BRACLET TO MEET THE PEPPERS?

13. Valerie Jessica Castaneda says:

i LoVe RHCP! I wish to see them in concert again. #1 FAN is here.