KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas: SOLD OUT. Win floor tickets to both nights this week

KROQ WORLD PREMIERE: A Day To Remember “All I Want”

newmusicpost newkroqmusic10 KROQ WORLD PREMIERE: A Day To Remember All I Want
adaytoremember2010press385 KROQ WORLD PREMIERE: A Day To Remember All I Want

I don’t know about you guys, but I’ve listened to [lastfm]A Day To Remember[/lastfm]’s last album, Homesick, a million times now (along with their other albums) and I’m ready for their new music. With the release of their next full-length album, What Separates Me From You, due out November 16th, new full tracks are inevitably going to be released soon. A small snippet of a track was released this morning, but a minute preview just doesn’t cut it for me.

“We actually just finished tracking it (WSMFY) the other day, and I completely lost my voice while doing it,” said singer Jeremy McKinnon.

For weeks we’ve been hassling our friends at Victory Records to let us get our hands on the band’s newest single, “All I Want,” and they pulled through in a big way. Check out the world premiere of “All I Want,” take a look at the album art for WSMFY, and scope out all the ADTR coverage from Epicenter Twenty-Ten.

You’re welcome.

“All I Want” is now available at the iTunes store here!

Song a little soft for some of you older ADTR fans? Have no fear, the band released a preview of another track “2nd Sucks” earlier today and it’s anything BUT soft. Check it out here.

Album Art

Get a copy of “What Separates Me From You,” available Nov. 16th

[lastfm]A Day To Remember[/lastfm] – Epicenter Twenty-Ten Interview

[pullquote quote=”That’s happened with every record, and we just kept touring and working at it and here we are today” credit=”Jeremy McKinnon – ADTR”]When asked about the band’s D.I.Y. startup, McKinnon said, “We just started from ground level and kind of built our way up. We went on really crappy tours where we played to 30 kids a night and it was always a slow, growing thing that just kept happening for us over the years. That’s happened with every record, and we just kept touring and working at it and here we are today.”

Bassist Josh Woodard had this advice for up and coming bands: “Just do what you do. Continue to write songs and play as many shows as you can. That’s what we did. We sucked when we started but you gotta just keep pushing. And if you want it bad enough, things happen to people who work hard.”

When asked if they got their band name from the movies titled A Day To Remember, McKinnon shuffled the mic over to drummer Alex Shelnutt. “I dont know why I’m answering this question because I wasn’t in the band, but… I know the story. Pretty much the Cliffnotes version is it was called something else. I don’t remember what it was called.” McKinnon chimed in and said “‘End Of An Era’…for one day.” Shelnutt added “Thats what the band was called. Then a guy joined the band, his girlfriend made up the band name and he sucked, so he got kicked out but the band name stayed.” McKinnon also added, “And when it comes to the movies, none of us have actually seen the movies. Maybe we should see them since we’re kind of represented by that now.”

adtr rubin 2 KROQ WORLD PREMIERE: A Day To Remember All I Want

[pullquote quote=”We’ve always just kind of done what we wanted to do and kids just responded to it” credit=”Jeremy McKinnon – ADTR”]When asked to describe what kind of band they are, Shelnutt said,”We’re just fun.” McKinnon said, “We just kind of do what we want. We’re kind of like a mixture of four bands in one. We’ve always just kind of done what we wanted to do and kids just responded to it.” The mic made it’s way over to Woodard, who also added “That’s it. We just wrote music that we wanted to hear and wanted to be a part of and whatever it came out as is what we were and it’s kind of what we’ve just been doin’. Just whatever we want to do.”

The band came in the studio and performed “Have Faith In Me,” “Homesick,” and “Monument” acoustic a few months ago, check the videos out here.

Check out the photo gallery of ADTR at Epicenter below:

[photogallerylink id=66963]

Like getting exclusive new music? Become a fan of KROQ on Facebook and stay current with all of your favorite bands!

facebookkroq KROQ WORLD PREMIERE: A Day To Remember All I Want

More from Rubin
Comments

1. ondo says:

what a wonderful song i ever heard…
    ADTR loVE!!!!!

2. Melanie says:

I’m SO sick of people trying to bash ADTR.. let them do what they want and if you don’t like it then DON’T F*CKING LISTEN TO THEM it’s not that hard.. seriously.. but on a different note.. I’M SOOOO STOKED FOR THIS NEW CD TO COME OUT!! IT SOUNDS BEYOND AMAZING. And nov 16th cannot come soon enough!! love you guys!!

3. Kyle says:

Atreyu? Wtf is this sh*t?

4. Charlotte says:

How do Ilisten to it??

5. Charlotte says:

I hope that there is more screaming and breakdowns in the other songs, but this song is DEFINITLEY growing on me!

6. Kristine says:

The correct lyrics (according Jeremy himself at least :p)

I’m always screaming my lungs out
    till my head starts spinning.
    Playing my songs is the way I cope with life.
    Won’t keep my voice down.
    Know the words I speak are the thoughts I think out loud.

I like to keep things honest.
    I’m a safe bet like your life’s staked on it. For real.
    I’d hate to keep you all wondering.
    I’m constant like the seasons, and I will never be forgotten man.

Let’s leave no words unspoken
    and save regrets for the broken.
    Will you even look back when you think of me?

All I want is a place to call my own,
    and mend the hearts of everyone who feels alone
    Whoa
    You know to keep your hopes up high and your head down low.
    Keep your hopes up high and your head down low.

Still got something left to prove.
    It tends to keep things moving.
    While everyone around me says my last days are looming overhead
    But just what the hell do they think they know?
    I keep my head above the water while they drown in the undertow.

Let’s leave no words unspoken
    and save regrets for the broken.
    Will you even look back when you think of me?

All I want is a place to call my own,
    and mend the hearts of everyone who feels alone
    Whoa
    You know to keep your hopes up high and your head down low.
    All I want is a place to call my own,
    and mend the hearts of everyone who feels alone
    Whoa
    You know to keep your hopes up high and your head down low.

If you take it from me,
    Live your life for yourself.
    Cause when it’s all said and done you don’t need anyone else.

So let’s get back to when everything seemed perfect.
    Not a worry in the world, so tell me was this all worth it?
    I get what I want, so everyone’s always judging me.
    I’m not afraid of anything, and I’ve got the whole world in front of me.
    All I want is a place to call my own,
    and mend the hearts of everyone who feels alone
    Whoa
    You know to keep your hopes up high and your head down low
    All I want is a place to call my own,
    and mend the hearts of everyone who feels alone
    Whoa
    You know to keep your hopes up high and your head down low

Keep your head down low.
    Keep your head down low.
    Keep your head down low.
    Keep your hopes up high and your head down low.

7. Robert says:

F**KING INSANE I’M GETTING THIS ALBUM!

8. Sara says:

oh my…..i’m totally loving this song! cant wait for the whole album🙂

9. mygoochisonfire says:

I’m always screaming my lungs out till my head starts spinning. Playing my songs is the way I cope with life. Won’t keep my voice down. Know the words I speak are the thoughts I think out loud. I like to keep things honest. I’m a safe bet like your life’s staked on it. For real. I’d hate to keep you all wondering. I’m constant like the seasons, and I will never be forgotten man.

Let’s leave no words unspoken and save regrets for the broken. Will you even look back when you think of me?

All I want is a place to call my own, to mend the hearts of everyone who feels alone whoa you know to keep your hopes up high and your head down low.

Still got something left to prove. It tends to keep things movin. While everyone around me says my last days are looming overhead but just what the hell do they think they know? I keep my head above the water while they drown in the undertow.

If you take it from me, live your life for yourself. Cause when it’s all said and done you don’t need anyone else.

So let’s get back to when everything seemed perfect. Not a worry in the world, so tell me was this all worth it? I get what I want, so everyones always judging me. Im not afraid of anything, and I’ve got the whole world in front of me.

^acctual Lyrics

10. REBECCA says:

my friend brandon got this song on his ipod and i cant figure out how. anyone know how to get it onto ituens????

11. julia says:

love this band! so excited for the new cd! keep up the good work guys!!!❤

12. ben says:

This is why A Day To Remember is successful. Of course it doesn’t sound like their old stuff. ADTR mixes its genres every album. It is what keeps fans coming back! We would get bored of them like every other fan does of a typical band if they played the same genre of music all the time! “All I want is a place to call my own, within the hearts of everyone who feels alone, alone! You know to keep your hopes up high and your heads down low!” Sick, that’s all that can be said.

13. Erin says:

I lovelovelove the lyrics to this song. Can’t wait for the entire album!:D

14. Ratih.Darko says:

MAD!
    cheers for the real lyrics Kristine🙂
    knew some of the lyrics i wrote sounded a bit odd…ha!

15. jack says:

this sound is badass

16. Alan Ly says:

17. Alan Ly says:

Finally they get recognition cuz they kick so much ass! Crazy how much the have grown up!

18. Sung says:

A Day to Remember is releasing a new album soon? Great! Their album “Homesick” was a really sick album, and I heard their new song “All I Want” on KROQ last night, and it was pretty good! Whatever songs are gonna be on their new album is gonna be good, and I can tell already🙂

19. B says:

not a fan of this and homesick was amazing. this is them trying to be match box 20

20. Dan A says:

hahaha, thats f**king hilarious… and 2nd sucks sounds badddassss…. ‘fight’..

21. lizo says:

i love love love it!
    all i want is the best
    i cant wait for the new album
    i hope you guys come to denver so i can
    see you again
    :]

22. dakota says:

this is an amazing song idk why every one is complaining its to soft its still a great song. cant wait to pick up the new album. good job ADTR, cant wait to see them in concert again

23. Kai Taylor says:

So I am sick of people saying how much crap their new stuff is and how they totally sold out! It is amazing! I have been listening to this band for years now and what the new song says to me, is that they have all grown as musicians and are expanding all their abilities! I love this band and always will!

24. Iris says: