KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas: SOLD OUT. Win floor tickets to both nights next week

Top 10 Songs That Make Men Cry The Most

A couple of days ago, Kevin & Bean were having a discussion about people who cry for an embarrassing reason. Apparently the British listened in to the call-in topic because a new survey from the U.K. that lists the “Top Ten Songs that Make Men Cry the Most.”

Get the tissues ready, gentlemen. You may shed a tear or two.

PRS for Music, a U.K. royalty collection service for musicians, conducted the survey and I must say, a few of these *almost* brought a tear to my eye.  (I say ‘almost’ because I try to act macho to impress the ladies.)

Now st back, relax, and have yourself a good cry!

10. “Angels,” [lastfm]Robbie Williams[/lastfm]

9. “Unchained Melody,” [lastfm]Todd Duncan[/lastfm]

8. “Streets of Philadelphia,” [lastfm]Bruce Springsteen[/lastfm]

7. “Candle in the Wind,” [lastfm]Elton John[/lastfm]

6. “The Drugs Don’t Work,” [lastfm]The Verve[/lastfm]

5. “With or Without You,” [lastfm]U2[/lastfm]

4. “Nothing Compares 2 U,” [lastfm]Sinead O’Connor[/lastfm]

3. “Hallelujah,”[lastfm]Leonard Cohen[/lastfm]

2. “Tears in Heaven,” [lastfm]Eric Clapton[/lastfm]

1. “Everybody Hurts,” [lastfm]R.E.M.[/lastfm]

Comments

1. Karla says:

I would have thought Free Bird were to be on here…

2. john says:

slow hand is the only one here that should be here… all the rest are bunk! i don’t know where you people get your lists from it’s a joke….

3. kroq1120 says:

what about pictures of you by the cure? please please please let me get what i want by the smiths? somebody by depeche mode?

4. Mats says:

Confession time: I don’t cry much but the song “When the children cry” by White Lion always brings a tear to my eye and chokes me up.

Maybe it’s because I have children or I can’t learn how to play the intro on the guitar.

5. nick says:

i agree.. bunk indeed

6. Herb S. says:

None of these songs make me cry. “The Star Spangled Banner” makes me cry. As does “When You Say Nothing at All” by Alison Krauss and “Where’ve You Been” By Kathy Matea. Who comes up with these lame ass songs anyway? The only one that’s worth the paper it was written on is “Tears in Heaven”.

7. james says:

going back to cali by bigge smalls always gets me. i miss u bigge T.T

8. Matt says:

Honestly, not a single one of these make me cry, the exception being that “Hallelujah” performed by Kurt Nilsen and his troupe got me close. They do an Incredible rendition. Here’s a link if you’re interested:

9. Matt says:

On a side note, why in the hell isn’t Mad World on this list?

1. PJ fan says:

i think Black by Pearl Jam is a good one. that one gut wrenching line gets me all the time… “i know some day you’ll have a beautiful life, i know you will be a sun, in somebody else’s sky,but why why, why cant it be, cant it be mine” obviously there has got to be a little personal meaning for it to get you like that.

10. Nick says:

Ok, why isn’t Harry Chapin’s “Cats in the Cradle” on this list (gets me every time)

11. Shirley Maloney, Quebec says:

it’s true!

12. Joe says:

No song makes me cry except “The Star Spangled Banner” when sang correctly. Gets me every time.

13. Cheyne says:

“Imagine” was played at my cousin’s funeral and hit me like a bag of bricks.