Creepy and somewhat disturbing, Alice In Chains’ latest video is a must-see.
Conceived and directed by Paul Matthaeus, known for his groundbreaking main titles on the award-winning HBO series “Six Feet Under” and “True Blood,” and produced with Bobby Hougham and Sevrin Daniels of Blank Design, Lesson Learned is comprised of over 6,000 still pictures stitched together to create a visually stunning stop-frame animated clip.
Did you get all that? This is not a normal video. It’s thousand of still photographs, one after the other. It makes for an old school [lastfm]Nine Inch Nails[/lastfm] feel.
Using physical lacerations as a metaphor for lessons learned, the video sees a young man and woman plummet through a derelict industrial building. Tattered clothes dissolve off, revealing wounds that symbolize emotional learning. The video was shot entirely as a stop–frame animation, but with live actors on set.
The “Lesson Learned” video follows the recently released “Acid Bubble” clip, an interactive video produced by Spy Films and director Nick Goso in which users manipulate their perspective and experience 360-degree environments. Check it out here.
Alice In Chains is headlining BLACKDIAMONDSKYE, an incredible triple bill featuring Deftones and Mastodon. Here’s the latest BLACKDIAMONDSKYE tour dates, including an stop in LA.
- Wednesday, Sept. 22 Boston, MA Agannis Arena
- Friday, Sept. 24 New York, NY Madison Square Garden
- Saturday, Sept. 25 Camden, NJ Susquehanna Theatre
- Sunday, Sept. 26 Fairfax, VA Patriot Center
- Saturday, Sept. 28 Atlanta, GA Lakewood Amphitheatre
- Friday, Oct. 1 St. Louis, MO Scottrade Arena
- Saturday, Oct. 2 Kansas City, MO Sandstone Amp.
- Monday, Oct. 4 Denver, CO Red Rocks
- Thursday, Oct. 7 Vancouver, BC GM Place
- Friday, Oct. 8 Seattle, WA Key Arena
- Saturday, Oct. 9 Portland, OR Memorial Coliseum
- Monday, Oct.11 San Jose, CA SJSU Event Center
- Tuesday, Oct. 12 Los Angeles, CA Gibson Amphitheatre – buy tickets
- Friday, Oct. 15 San Diego, CA Viejas Arenas
- Saturday, Oct. 16 Las Vegas, NV The Joint