KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas: SOLD OUT. Win floor tickets to both nights | Set Times & Venue Info

New KROQ Music: Anberlin “Impossible”

newmusicpost newkroqmusic10 New KROQ Music: Anberlin Impossible

anberlin official 2010 New KROQ Music: Anberlin Impossible

• Stephen Christian – Vocals
  • Joseph Milligan – Guitar
  • Deon Rexroat – Bass
  • Nathan Young – Drums
  • Christian McAlhaney – Guitar

The band’s last album and major label debut, 2008’s New Surrender, ascended the Central Florida group to a new level of both popularity and skill. The record’s first single “Feel Good Drag” became the No. 1 radio track of 2009 and the No. 30 track of the decade.

On this fifth album, Dark Is The Way. Light Is A Place, Anberlin found themselves in a new headspace, recharged with creativity following their touring cycle for New Surrender. The band was unsure which producer to use for this effort, but fortuitously that decision was made for them when Grammy-winning producer Brendan O’Brien (Pearl Jam, Bruce Springsteen) approached the group. O’Brien had followed their career after being alerted to Anberlin by his daughter and felt that this was the right occasion to collaborate with the musicians.

“For us, this is the best record that we can ever accomplish,” Stephen concludes. “We were absolutely in our element on this record.[pullquote quote=”We were absolutely in our element on this record.” credit=”Stephan Christian”] I hope that everything we were able to convey on this album is inspiring to our fans. We want to bring them on this journey with us and I hope when they hear our new record they feel as empowered and confident as we did while making it.”

Just this month Anberlin relased a new single from their forthcoming album. The new single is titled “Impossible.”

Enjoy the video after the jump!

Vodpod videos no longer available.
Comments

1. Bo says:

uh…wrong song link, KROQ. Still A Day to Remember

2. Jordan Below says:

absolutely amazing! Anberlin is so amazing! I could listen to this all day

1. drivetheNOISEhome says:

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS! i 100% agreed! SOOOO FREAKIN SCHWEEEEEEET!

3. kevin says:

THIS SONG IS UNREAL!

4. Khyle says:

ANBERLIN IS AMAZING!!!! They are right there by Muse, Phoenix and 30 Seconds to Mars in being the best music on KROQ! Do what KROQ does best and play this song so much that even I’ll get tired of hearing it every hour. But the fact that its Anberlin will keep me on the station.

5. Al says:

Awful… just awful.

6. Tom Spinelli says:

wheres the link for the song?

7. JackMEB says:

Meh. “We Owe This To Ourselves” is a much stronger song.

1. john. says:

really? i kinda thought We Owe This To Ourselves sucked and i thought this one was gonna suck too. but i actually really like it.

8. Cheryl says:

Anberlin is great for people stuck in the midwest that don’t know about good music.
    The only good song they’ve done was the New Order cover.

1. Eric says:

What’s good music??????????

2. Ethan says:

you’re so deep and you know what’s great and what’s not. if you don’t like anberlin then why did you listen to this song?

3. Jeff says:

Yeah, because people in the midwest don’t have record stores, TV, or access to the internet. And no bands are from there or tour there.

Stupid.

9. Kenneth Ethan Frantz says:

I hate Stephen Christian’s new hair cute, but I love the song!

10. Diviniuz says:

This song is so surprisingly good, I was so worried after the first song I heard off the album… I am really digging it!

11. Stephanie says:

This is amazing! I can’t wait to purchase!!

12. Jerry Ray says:

Love this song – maybe the best I’ve heard from the band. 80s throwback, with a modern twist. Looking forward to hearing the whole album.

13. Bobert Drew says:

love love anberlin, but this new stuff is such a drastic change from what i’m use to. this album is going to take time to grow on me. o but it will.

14. Mark Doucette says:

What a good tune, I can’t wait for September to hear the rest of this album.

15. drivetheNOISEhome says:

BEAUUUUUUUUUUUUUTIFULLLLLLLL!😀

16. Tim says:

leave it to Anberlin to create another awesome song that i love!! I own all their albums and there isn’t a song that i don’t like on any of their albums! they are just amazing artists! and i can’t wait to buy their next album thats coming out soon! Anberlin keep up the great work!!🙂

17. meh, it’s alright.

18. Mateo says:

We’ve had two songs from a 10 song album released and I have to say I’m a tad worried. ‘We Owe This To Ourselves’ isn’t spectacular and this sounds extremely mainstream and polished.

I have faith that the rest of the CD will deliver but these first two tracks are tough to figure out. I never thought I’d say it but is Aaron Sprinkle the key to bringing out the best in Anberlin (Never Take Friendship Personal)?

19. juanm says:

awesome! cannot wait for this album!!

20. catie says:

this is such an amazing song! i love all their albums and i can’t wait until the next one comes out!!🙂

21. okm says:

I really like both songs I’ve heard so far. Can’t wait to purchase them and for your tour. Love the energy, passion and new direction.

22. Ryan says:

Anberlin is definitely one of the best bands out there right now! I love the new sound. Can’t wait to hear more! Good job KROQ… Keep playing more stuff like this!

23. Vinnie says:

Wow, did the band get each of their cousins and the record company staff to come by this page??
    They’re mediocre at best… not as good as Incubus or Foo Fighters, but certainly more welcome on KROQ than Metallica and yet-another-Weezer song.

24. Angel says:

WOW!! Anberlin is amazing and deserves much more recognition than just their song “Feel Good Drag”. This track shows great things to come for their next album. Anyone else feel a little Angels and Airwaves vibe in this song?

25. Khyle says:

@mateo: Their “Never Take Friendship Personal” album was definitely their best. Every album after has taken some time to get used too but I’ve loved them since 2002 and their first album “Black Market Blue Print.” I’m just happy that their music is playing on the radio no matter what.