Loveline: Celebrity Rehab’s Mike Starr Bounces Back

loveline mike starr Loveline: Celebrity Rehabs Mike Starr Bounces Back

If you watch Celebrity Rehab you have seen how sick Mike became and how he struggled. I suggest you log on to Lovelineshow.com and watch his video. You will see how amazingly he is doing today. He is doing fantastic and truly an inspiration. He was great on Loveline.

Haven’t seen VH1’s Celebrity Rehab? Click more to watch Mike in a gut-wrenching episode.

Vodpod videos no longer available.

[photogallerylink id=17179]

Comments

1. Amanda says:

Mike Starr is still hot….he is a beautiful person inside and out. So was Layne Staley. Is there a contact email? Thank you,

2. Andrea says:

It is wonderful news to hear Mike is clean and he still looks good! Seeing Mike’s story on Celebrity Rehab was so moving, AIC was a band I can say that got me through my teeanage years. “No matter what Mike, you’re an amazing person.”

3. michelle says:

I am so happy to see Mike doing so good. He looks great. I would love to be able to talk with him. He was such a polite, caring guy on vh1. I hope he goes into sober living. Mike you still got it..Your a hottie!!! I will always love AIC, You are so talented, just think what you can do now that your sober!!!

4. Whitney says:

I’m so glad Mike is staying sober and on the road to recovery. My prayers are with
    him. He is intelligent, talented, and handsome, and deserves happiness and success!

5. Jeff says:

Im about to go into rehab for Methadone also. I am also on 130mg of Methadone like Mike and I am so nervous about going into rehab because Im afraid of the withdrawal. I hear withdrawal from Methadone is absolute hell. Does anyone out there have any experience with Methadone withdrawal because I want to know what Im in store for. Im very scared!

1. SARAH says:

This is probably too late but maybe it can help someone. I stopped methadone abruptly (70 mg) and after a couple days went to percocet and heroin for one month before going on suboxone. Im not recommending this, only sharing my experience. I used only when it was absolutely necessary to function in daily life. I spent alot of time feeling very very bad. The good news is by the time i went on Suboxone, only a half tablet of the 8mg was needed so i unknowingly went through the worst of it. I quit methadone October 10, started Suboxone on November 2 and i am now on 2mg a day (as of Jan 30) and ready to come off next month. My only symptoms of methadone withdrawaI were the hot/cold flashes. They recently diminished. I thought I was a “lifer” and would need methadone my whole life bc I have been addicted to opiates for almost 10 years. I have to say the thing that helped me the most was a power greater than myself. Nothing of this earth could take away that obsession and urge to use drugs. Nothing could convince me to endure withdrawal symptoms that i compare to being burned alive and unable to die. I prayed for the willingness to go through it and honestly it is not as bad as most people say BUT i did not go cold turkey. Methadone is a long acting opiod. To stop taking it i used a shorter acting opiate (percocet or heroin -PLEASE Do not try this w heroin. I took a HUGE chance when i should have stuck with prescription pain med bc i knew what was in it) to suffice so that when it came time to go on suboxone, the short acting opiate left my system rapidly. It allowed me to be in adequate withdrawal for starting suboxone. I had ALOT of support and the nurse i saw works specifically with addicts. He oversaw EVERYTHING i did (note: he never told me to take heroin or pec as i was coming off methadone) I made that choice myself and was honest with him about it. I think doctors should look into using short acting opiates during the transfer from methadone to suboxone. It worked for me even though i did it illegally. I would have never committed to doing it with nothing or to go cold turkey. Im in treatment now for addiciton and im full of hope and peace. Suboxone is a life saver! But like methadone, It is only a tool to get me where i wanna be…FREEDOM FROM ALL DRUGS AND MOOD-ALTERING SUBSTANCES!

6. eric m. says:

methadone withdrawal is hell, i went from 350mg a day to nothing for 6 days because i went to jail and there was no medical attention. i got out of jail on day 7 and stayed at home overnight, it got so bad i had to check into medical detox, its going on 8 months since i’ve been clean and i dont even know how i survived and damn the methadone clinic for having me on a dose that high. anyway, good job Mike. stay sober. i know what u went through and its not worth it again.

7. Berni50 says:

There is NO WAY that Mike Starr or anyone else could have detoxed off of 130 mg. (or ANY mg) of methadone overnight – just like that. It HAS TO BE a slow taper, no matter what! So, in view of this, he must have been on methadone throughout the show, detoxing slowly. I don’t think there is any other way! Remember, This is only a 21 day program. I am on 55 mg. from my average of about 90 – 100 mg – for the last ten years. So far so good, but it has to be a SLOW detox, like 1 mg. every two weeks or so. Not overnight. He would not have been able to get out of bed and his entire body would have been wretched with pain. I resent that show for portraying him as coming off of it overnight. Not true! But, kudos to Mike Starr for being clean and sober today! Good luck, Mike!

1. eric m. says:

To comment on last comment, for myself i did not have a choice to get off of it with a slow taper,I went to jail and there was no methadone in jail. So i went from 350mg a day for 2 years to absolutely nothing. I was in jail for 6 days and it was complete hell. I got released from jail day 7 and went to rehab detox On day 8, the night i got there they gave me catapres and phenobarb, and the next day I started suboxone. So u can get off methadone overnight, usually using other drugs. but the 6 days of having completely nothing, cold turkey were absolute effing hell. I am really surprised i survived. Referring to the celebrity rehab show, They dont show every minute of their detox. And the episodes i seen, he looked pretty effing bad. especially when he was puking. I know that you dont feel any withdrawal tapering that slow. So i wouldnt resent that show cause they did’nt portray him coming off of it overnight and i’m sure he went through hell without tapering. It’s very possible to get off methadone without tapering slow. You just have to be strong. and once u feel that pain from that withdrawal u have a better chance of not going back to opiates

8. olive says:

I hope Mike keeps it up. He is a great guy and deserves a sober life.

9. mark silvers says:

good job, mike.you deserve a new lease on life.hope you start doing what you do best,entertaining us rock fan’s!!!!

10. Kristy says:

Mike Starr is inspiring. I’ve watched celebrity rehab every season and Mike Starr stuck out. He is truely a beautiful soul. I have a huge family and a majority is struggling with addiction, so I have seen the pain he has gone through. The only difference is that not one of them have stayed sober or even completed treatment. STAY STRONG MIKE!!!!! There are so many people who you have touched and are keeping you in their prayers.

“Anyone can give up, it’s the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that’s true strength.” – Unknown

11. Joe says:

Have to call bullsh!t on this. None of you would have any idea that Mike Starr was put back into re-hab within two days of doing love line. His band that he was talking about broke up several days before the love line show. He continues to use and was kicked out the sober living environment that he was in. He’s an idiot.

1. jen says:

where are you getting this info? I’ve been wondering what happened to Mike Starr after Sober House and can’t seem to find any info.

2. Jenna says:

I heard that Mike Starr was abandoned by his band a week before the loveline show for his deep use of drugs. He isnt sober like he has ya’ll fooled. he is a professional liar like all addicts be

12. Tony V says:

I cried when Mike Starr said that he would go to after care. I think it was the fact that the dude from KISS went all that way to see him and give him a push in the right direction. Mike you are an inspiration.

13. Christine says:

The one that I worried about most after the last episode was Mike. I am so happy to hear he is doing well. I truly hope he continues to do well, he really touched my heart.

14. Stephanie says:

I am more than thrilled that you’re staying Clean and Sober Mike..Despite your utmost Hot ness. you are truly a beautiful Soul and a talented Bass player.. ( inspiring bass player myself).Just Know we are all pulling for you.. on your sobreity..Esp me all the way up here in Toronto Canada..
    Stay Strong…Layne will always be in our hearts xoxox I really hope there is a contact email.. thank you again

15. Sharon Oates says:

What a wonderful man. I am so proud of how you have left drugs behind. I wish you all the happiness in the world from this day on♥♥

16. Ryan Carr says:

Mike, you are the man. I was a huge Alice fan back in the day. I started watching Celebrity Rehab because he was on the show. I really hope he is doing well. We are all pulling for you, Mike!!!

1. CATHY says:

Joe you are such a dumbo! Why should Dr Drew feel bad?? He showed Mike how it was possible to live a clean and sober life. Mike didn’t want it CLEARLY and now he is dead. I also work with addicts and one death or a thousand deaths (heard of free will???) does not make my or any other person’s work with many of these hopeless people redundant…we DO RECOVER!! But Mike chose to rather exit this life than change. Sad.

17. ARTIE says:

SOMEONE SHOULD GIVE MIKE STARR A LIE DETECTOR TEST..HE HAS EVERYONE FOOLED

18. Joe says:

“People ask me why I do the work that I do. Well, take one look at Mike Starr and I think you will understand.”

How do you feel today Dr Drew?

1. Tina Beers says:

So quick to put the blame on others. Was Dr. Drew supposed to hold hands 24×7 (NOT), it’s his own fault for getting caught up into a life he couldn’t control. It’s unfortunate it happened but let’s not put the blame on others. RIP Mike.

1. DannyBags says:

Agree with Tina. As much as I dislike Dr. Drew, he had nothing to do with this. I know people who have battled with addiction, and no one in this world is going to save them but themselves. To tell the truth, I thought I saw Starr turn around when Layne’s mom spoke to him. Addiction is so powerful that not even that could stop it. Unfortunately, I believe this was inevitable.

19. moon says:

RIP, Mike Starr. Sad day.

20. TJ says:

watever….dr. drew gave Mike several months of sobriety he would not have had. Mike Starr’s struggle is over but he leaves behind hope for a lot of suffering addicts. You cannot blame anybody for Mike Starr’s death. It wasnt until I realized what recovery really means that I was able to get better . Im a meth addict and when I realized the hope is to have more clean time between each relapse and a relapse did not make you a failure…ive been clean now since 2006. Mike Starr was an inspiration. RIP!